The Administration Department is multifaceted and performs a variety of internal and external services.
The City Manager is appointed by the City Council and is the chief administrative officer of the City. It is the City Manager’s responsibility to implement the City Council's policies and to manage the day to day affairs of the City by directing the activities of its four departments.
The City Attorney is appointed by the City Council to act as legal adviser to the City Council, City Manager, various departments and all City commissions and committees. The City Attorney’s client is the City, not individual Council members nor residents of the community. The City contracts with the law firm of Aleshire & Wynder LLP for its legal counsel.
The City Treasurer is a part-time position appointed by the City Council to oversee the City’s financial investment portfolio. Working with the Investment and Financing Advisory Committee, the City Treasurer presents an annual investment policy to the City Council for adoption.
The City Clerk is appointed by the City Manager to be the City's election official and keeper of the City's official records.
All other functions of the Administration Department are managed by the Director of Administrative Services, including:
To view detailed information about the Administration Department's work program, please review the Annual Reports.
- Public Safety;
- Parks and Recreation;
- Human Resources;
- Risk Management;
- Intergovernmental affairs;
- Information Technology;
- Emergency preparedness programs;
- Scheduling the use of Lanterman Auditorium and sports fields;
- Staffing the receptionist desk;
- Contracting for school crossing guards at intersections near schools;
- Producing the City's LCF Vista community newsletter;
- Issuing dog licenses, film permits, banner permits, and parking permits; and
- Staffing the Parks & Recreation Commission, Public Safety Commission, and Youth Council
Contact Carl Alameda
Director of Administrative Services
1327 Foothill Boulevard
La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011